Canada’s healthcare workforce is in crisis
COVID-19 is exacerbating Canada’s critical shortage of healthcare professionals, increasing stress on hospitals, long-term care facilities and labs. It is intensifying existing labour market shortages at the worst possible time.
Canada has welcomed many of the world’s best and brightest through immigration. Typically, what stands between an internationally-trained healthcare professional and continuation of their practice in Canada is accreditation and the means to pay for it. The process to become licensed can be expensive and many newcomers do not have access to affordable credit.
We offer low-interest loans of up to $15,000 to internationally-educated healthcare professionals, giving them the financial support they need to attain their accreditation and become job ready in Canada.
Windmill clients are on the front lines
Dr. Cristina Alzate is an emergency room physician in Vancouver, originally from Colombia.
“For me, the uncertainty and fear of leaving home every day and the sadness of not being able to hug my kids once I arrive home are paid back with the rewarding feeling of taking care of others who are suffering. I’m doing what I am good at.”
“I will take this opportunity to show my gratitude to Windmill Microlending for believing in me. Supporting immigrants to become the best version of ourselves, Windmill allowed me to provide an extra set of hands in these times of despair.”
Support our essential workforce – here are some ways you can help
1) Keep our program running
- Your donation today will help to support current clients and deliver new loans. For every client, Windmill spends about $1000 per loan to pay for loan delivery and our client success coaching, including our mentorship program
- A gift of $5,000 will help Windmill launch 5 skilled immigrants into their essential careers in Canada
- Make a 1-time or monthly donation. $83/month is the annual equivalent of supporting one client
- All gifts are tax deductible
2) Invest in Windmill – the Windmill Healthcare and Essential Workers Bond
- By making a 0% interest loan to Windmill, you’ll provide the loan capital we need to support more skilled newcomers
- Invest $1M in Windmill, you’re investing in 100 loans of $10,000, bringing 100 more essential workers into the Canadian labour market
- Windmill Healthcare and Essential Workers Bonds are available in three and five year terms
For more information please contact:
National Director of Development