Congratulations on taking this step. Before starting your application, please be sure to check your eligibility.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Please read this section before you start your application. It gives you important information about the documents you need in order to complete the process.
- A scanned copy of documentation stating your current immigration status, whether Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, Convention Refugee/Protected Person, or Provincial Nominee.
- If you are a Provincial Nominee, your letter of acceptance from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
- If you are a Convention Refugee/Protected Person in Canada, you must have attained convention refugee or protected person status within the last three years. Also please note that Windmill offers a Refugee Loan Program that is interest-free.
- Copies of translated education certificates or assessments. These assessments may come from services such as World Education Services or International Qualification Assessment Services.
- Proof of any courses or exams you have already completed towards your re-licensing in Canada.
- Resume must include education and work experience from your home country and in Canada.
Proof of your income and budget
- Examples include pay stubs, a student funding letter, Employment Insurance information, or a confirmation of Income Support.
- Proof of income for other members of your household who contribute to the household’s expenses, if possible.
- Please complete this budget and have it ready before you begin your application. You’ll need to upload it.
Learning Plan documents
- A letter of acceptance from the program or institution where you will be studying, if applicable. Otherwise, please include information about the courses or exams you plan on taking as part of your licensing/training plan.
- Please complete this document and have it ready before you begin your application. You’ll need to upload it.
In order to complete your online application, it will help to have the following information in front of you:
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Costs associated with your Learning Plan (i.e. the courses, exams, or other programs you need to pay for)
- A completed copy of your Learning Plan Template
- Financial information regarding any houses, cars, or other assets that you own
- A completed copy of your Budget Template
- Contact information for at least one professional reference. This can be an employer, a landlord, or someone you volunteer with in Canada.