“I really appreciate my mentor for the effort and time she took to see that I accomplished my goals. I was always looking forward to every meeting where she explained processes, shared knowledge, and tools that I needed to re-establish my IT career in Canada.”
– Tosin, Windmill client and mentee
Read more stories like Tosin’s by exploring Windmill’s Mentor of the Month spotlight.
How it works
Windmill matches former clients and other volunteers – mentors – with current clients – mentees – based on their professional background and goals. The goal is to provide clients with help, advice and knowledge from individuals who have successfully restarted their careers in Canada and are now working full-time in their desired fields.
How mentees benefit
- Discover career paths (explore personal preferences and career options)
- Develop a strategy and plan for future career goals
- Create networking strategies
- Learn how to gain work experience or look for career opportunities
- Learn from diverse perspectives and experiences
- Identify strengths, skills gaps and/or areas of improvement
How mentors benefit
- Gain valuable coaching skills and experiences
- Add to their career development, resume and receive a certificate of appreciation
- Strengthen their professional networks
- Give back to their profession and to other new Canadians facing similar life experiences to their own
Note: Mentors must possess at least two years of experience in their professional field.
The Windmill mentorship program takes place over four months, with multiple opportunities to join throughout the year. The program is flexible in the ways and frequency mentors and mentees connect.
Number of matches made:
since program launch in 2019.
Time donated to Mentorship Program:
hours donated by mentors and mentees to support our clients in achieving professional success.
Clodia, a Windmill mentor, speaks about why she joined Windmill's Mentorship Program
For more information about how to become a mentor or mentee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for the Windmill Microlending Mentorship Program is generously provided by TD Bank Group through the TD Ready Commitment.